Thursday, July 7, 2011

a year later: me edition

 Me from last July,
and this July.

 
I think I've finally reached the point where people can tell that I'm actually pregnant--not just the "she might be..." stage.

A few weeks ago I was wondering when that second trimester energy was going to come.
I guess it just isn't the same when you spend all your time with two-year-old.

But I've been feeling really great the past two weeks or so; definitley nesting-I have this intense desire to get every closet, drawer, box, and corner of my house in perfect order before the baby gets here. 
I know that it isn't really important to have it all done, but it feels like it is.

I get intense and very specific cravings, usually in the evenings. 
A few times a week I find myself really wanting a tuna fish sandwich around 9:30 at night.
Kent tells me that is strange, but it doesn't seem like it to me. 
I mean, it's what I want.
I can't be the only person who likes to eat tuna before bed, right?

A day or two ago I was just sitting in the living room and suddenly I needed a snickerdoodle. 
And last night, I was tearing up my iceberg lettuce for my salad, and at that moment, I realized that the thing I wanted most in the whole world was to eat the spaghetti I had in the cafeteria of Snow College one summer when I was at youth conference.

That one was a little weird, I admit.

And then there's the excitement of my shrinking pregnant brain.  Inability to communicate without fumbling my words, inability to remember things I said or did only moments earlier, that sort of stuff.
Did you know that they've actually done studies and proven that a woman's brain literally shrinks when she's pregnant? 
Don't ask me who "they" are, but I believe them!

And the dreams.  I have awesome pregnant dreams.  Happily, I'm past the nightmares stage of the first trimester, and now I have dreams about really cool things.
Like Josh Groban helping me set up my Christmas tree and serenading us,
swimming with dolphins in a Church pageant,
and being in the cast of the waterworld show at Universal Studios.

Things are going really well.  I keep forgetting that I'm pregnant, actually. 
I guess Nicholas keeps me too busy thinking about other things.
But then I happen to walk past a mirror and
oh yeah!  We're having a baby girl!

It's pretty exciting to remember that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment