Saturday, May 16, 2009

week's end

I'm so glad it's the weekend.
It means Kent is home and he can fight off the cockroaches for me.
It means we made it through another week. And it's been a rough one-- having mortgages loans declined (we're four months short of two years credit history), going to our ward on Sunday that can only be described as...strange, budgets worked and then reworked and then reworked again, realizing we might be in this apartment in until September (bleh), discovering we have to find a cheaper house than the one we fell in love with, an insurance fiasco at the doctor's office, learning that the old lady who lives above us likes to listen to music with hard bass beat until 1 am, multiple instances of police right outside our apartment settling domestic disputes with other tenants, paying for the dryer at the laundry and it being broken, and after not seeing one for a whole week and a half discovering a GIANT cockroach on the kitchen counter last night when we were trying to make chocolate covered strawberries.

I hope you didn't read all of those. I just needed to vent. Please forgive me. I'm pregnant.

I read this talk on Thursday.
"The next time you’re tempted to groan, you might try to laugh instead."
That is tough, but I'm going to try it. Hopefully I'm learning to follow the counsel of Elder Wirthlin's mother:

“Come what may, and love it.” It's a new week next week. I'm going to look for things to love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment