Monday, September 20, 2010

lemonade picture no. 3

These are the girls of Carriage House Apt. 308.
The year I lived with them was one of the best years of my life so far.

A few weeks ago I was organizing the closet in our extra bedroom and I came across a box full of my journals. Now the problem with organizing (as with looking through picture files) is that I get caught up and want to review everything.
Perhaps the problem is that I am a sentimental girl.

Either way, I was reading my journal entries from the semester I started living with this group of girls. Nearly every night as I went to bed I would write something along the lines of "I really should have spent more time on my homework today, but we went and played sardines with our FHE brothers. Tomorrow I'm going to be better and get all my assignments done."
The next night, the same entry with some other fun activity.

We actually formed a Study Party Association (SPA) group with some of our FHE brothers with the intent to get together to actually do our homework. Instead we would find an empty classroom in the Smith building, where I would play the piano, we'd plot our life timelines on the dry erase boards, play practical jokes on each other, and watch videos on youtube.

And now that I look back at it, I'm so glad I didn't spend any more time on my homework. I did enough to learn the material and get good grades, which is important,
but these friends, those good, good times,
they were actually a little more important.

Whenever I talk to one of these girls now, we can't stop saying how much we loved living together, how much fun we had, and how we wish we could be back together again. I developed a very real love for my 308 roommates. Sounds sappy, but it is true.

And none of us will ever forget the sight of George riding that little bike down the balcony on Sundays after Church.

0 comments:

Post a Comment